Thirteen Reasons I Just Can’t With The Gucci Fur-Lined Mules
It’s not a summer shoe.
- It’s June 15th
- This is the weather in America today:
3. The only place you could theoretically wear these and not have your feet suffocate is Seattle and the middle of Lake Superior.
4. This is, at best, a house shoe.
5. This fashion trend, as with most, has been perpetuated by Hollywood celebrities in Los Angeles, where the average temperature is “hot car in traffic.”
6. This is a mule, not a loafer. I just don’t know about mules, but I’ll save that for another day. You can call them a slide, I guess. Woof.
7. They cost $995.
8. They are called the Provincetown leather slipper. What about this shoe says P-town to you?
9. They feature a “horsebit buckle.”
10. The trend has been around since at least 2015, so why are we just seeing them now? Trickle-down fashionomics.
11. Are you a horse girl? If so, feel free to buy this shoe.
12. Don’t put fur in your sandals.
13. Probably don’t wear fur.