A Few Backward Smiling Glances Before You Go
by Liz Colville
Here we are again. Friday. Ah. This week, MTV ruined Skins, the USDA killed some birds, Rep. Giffords moved from a hospital to a rehabilitation facility, American Idol returned in a small yet still large way, and many other possibly more important things whose significance is subjective anyway, so what’s the point in even mentioning them. Instead, here are some things that will inspire smiles, perhaps laughter, maybe even a little knowledge, as you embark on your 60 upcoming hours of freedom. Sixty sounds like a lot! We’ll see, we’ll see.
- O-Town is reuniting.
- An eco-friendly cat bonnet is a thing that you can make.
- The bathroom is the origin of most marital disputes.
- The Baby-sitters Club is gone from our bookshelves (OR IS IT?), but not forgotten.
- The president is lucky.
- Sex is sometimes scary.
- Cat is a failure (:().
- Catpacks is backpacks for your cats.
- 17th-century England is funny.
- College is a waste of time.